gtmaps.co.nz

GTMaps Support Forums
It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:21 am

All times are UTC + 12 hours

Post subject: New customisations
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:03 pm 
Site Admin

Due to popular request, I've added a 'light solid bush with small buildings' option on the customisation page.

I'll post any new customisations here - so if you 'watch' this topic, you will get notified whenever there are any changes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 2:28 pm 

Looks good. Though I think I might stick with the large buildings. In the backcountry any building is very significant so large is right. maybe in urban areas small might reduce clutter.

One thing I notice on the solid colour optimisations is that scrub and bush are very similar shades. The difference is just noticable in Mapsource but not distinguishable on the GPS.

The difference between scrub and bush in the backcountry is a little academic. Both seem to involve a lot of thrashing around but sometimes bush is easier going than scrub.

I wonder if it is possible to increase the contrast between the two in some way, or even have the scrub blobby and the bush solid. However this will sacrifice the well defined edge that makes the solid colour so useful.

Might need some experimentation

Post subject: Re: New customisations
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:20 pm 

Been a while since I was on these forums but I've been well pleased with the topo mapset that I purchased a year or so ago -- Thanks Gary for a good job there.
I see you've now got version 4 but that the v3 customisations do not work properly with it. What's needed to get the solid light bush and scrub with small buildings for v4? I'd be interested in upgrading if that was possible.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:41 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Ron,

The default customisation on V4 is pretty much the same as the light solid, small buildings, except that I've added a bit of 'speckle' to the scrub to help differentiate it from the bush. So hopefully, it's pretty much the same, but better.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:11 pm 

Sounds ideal (not the garage type!). I'll have an order on the way in the next few days.